Arrow Video have confirmed that Monday December 3rd will mark the release of Lucio Fulci’s horror masterpiece Zombie Flesh Eaters on Blu-ray, DVD and Limited Edition Steelbook.
Painstakingly restored from the original camera negative, Zombie Flesh Eaters stands-out as one of the famed distributor’s biggest ever (and best looking) restoration projects. These landmark releases will contain a wealth of special features, additional collector’s material and never-before-seen extras, including optional English / Italian opening titles, a UK exclusive introduction to the film from lead actor Ian McCulloch, and a number of brand new featurettes.
Available as a Limited Edition Steelbook (complete with limited edition artwork), Limited Edition Slipbox (with 4 alternate artworks – available exclusively from arrowfilms.co.uk), and as standard edition Blu-ray and DVD, a complete list of the special features included in these highly anticipated Zombie Flesh Eaters releases is as follows:
- A brand new high definition restoration of the original negative with optional English and Italian opening titles
- Optional English SDH subtitles for English audio / a new English subtitles translation for Italian audio
- Optional original, restored Italian and English Mono 2.0 audio
- Audio commentary with screenwriter Elisa Briganti, moderated by Calum Waddell
- Audio commentary with Fulci biographer Stephen Thrower and horror expert Alan Jones
- UK exclusive introduction to the film from Ian McCulloch
- “ALIENS, CANNIBALS AND ZOMBIES: A TRILOGY OF ITALIAN TERROR” – Actor Ian McCulloch remembers his three classics of Latin horror lunacy - ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS, CONTAMINATION and ZOMBI HOLOCAUST
- “FROM ROMERO TO ROME: THE RISE AND FALL OF THE ITALIAN ZOMBIE FILM” – Veteran Fulci screenwriters Dardano Sacchetti (THE BEYOND) and Antonio Tentori (CAT IN THE BRAIN), celebrated UK critic Kim Newman and filmmakers Luigi Cozzi (CONTAMINATION), Ruggero Deodato (CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST), Russ Streiner (NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD) plus many more share memories of the genesis of corpse -crunching cinema - from Romero's early templates to the gory glory days of Fulci and his many successors.
- “THE MEAT MUNCHING MOVIES OF GINO DE ROSSI” – The special effects magician behind many Italian splatter classics talks about his most famous gore-drenched greats - and shows props from many plasma-packed masterworks - including ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS, CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD, THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY, CANNIBAL FEROX, BURIAL GROUND and PIRANHA II.
- “ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS - FROM SCRIPT TO SCREEN” – Dardano Sacchetti shows key pages from his original ISLAND OF THE LIVING DEAD screenplay.
- Trailers and TV spots
- Collector’s booklet featuring brand new writing on the film by Fulci biographer Stephen Thrower, a new interview with star Olga Karlatos by Calum Waddell, a history of Zombie Flesh Eaters and the BBFC by Craig Lapper, one of the board’s senior examiners, and extracts of the original ‘Nightmare Island’ 1978 script including unfilmed, alternate, and more gory sequences as well as a Lucio Fulci CV compiled by Jay Slater.
- “MUSIC FOR A FLESH FEAST” – Q&A with composer Fabio Frizzi from the Glasgow Film Theatre in August 2012, hosted by Callum Waddell and Nick Frame.
We at eatmybrains HQ are gagging with anticipation and have teamed up with Noble PR to run a comp for 3 Steel Box versions of this maggoty masterpiece. Just answer the question below!
Who composed the awesome soundtrack for Zombie Flesh Eaters?
19th Oct 04 This was a great horror movie as a kid. It had ‘Certificate X’ printed on the video cover and a ‘Thorn EMI presents’ intro just before the film started. Then straight into Camp Blackfoot at night to...
Nero Night 20th Apr 07 Get out that fake moustache you keep in the drawer and attach it to your face - it's time to do the Nero.