Diamond Dead post their required Special Effects list
30th Nov 04
Even though George Romero had to put the project Diamond Dead on hold as he went off to film the fourth part of his zombie saga, Andrew Gaty is still busy beavering away on bringing Brian Cooperís vision of a RockíníRoll zombie band to the screen, with Romero still very much expected to take the Directorís chair as soon as he has finished on Land of the Dead.
In the latest of his online diaries on the official site, Gaty has outlined his list of probable effects the film will need so that he can obtain a quote from Bavaria Studios-based company Scanline. Among some of the effects included on the list are (numbers in brackets indicate the page of the script);
1. First victim being clawed in the face, blood splattering. (1)
4. Shot of the audience drenched in slime and maggots. (37)
6. Lighting exploding around Aria as she holds scythe to the sky. (70)
8. Television exploding and the arc going into Dr. D and the bandís dead bodies, whom now jerk around violently. (72)
11. Aria hitting Dr. D and his head spinning around 180 degrees. (94)
13. Aria decapitating Death and his head bouncing around the stage, body collapsing. Aria throwing Deathís head to Bangz. (107)
For a full list of the special effects visit the official Diamond Dead website (WARNING: Spoilers!) for Andrew Gatyís diaries, and question and answer forum and much more.
For earlier eatmybrains news stories on Diamond Dead, click here.
1st Apr 04 The first film I remember him in is Weird Science where he played Garyís older brother, then Arnie nicked his clothes in Terminator, then he wrote himself into the history books as Hudson in...
Crap Superhero Night 1st Nov 07 Superheroes with moustaches...villains who say "He's fallen right into my trap!" It can only be Crap Superhero Night!
Comedy Zombie Night 7th Sep 07 It seems our good old flesh-hungry undead friends are back in fashion, so what better time for the return of zombies to Zombie Club.