Following hot on the heels of the announcement of both the theatrical and unrated DVDs for The Devil’s Rejects, it seems George A. Romero’s Land of the Dead, which stars Simon Baker, Dennis Hopper, John Leguizamo and Asia Argento as well as featuring cameos of Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright, will also receive the same treatment in the US on 18th October this year ($29.99).
The theatrical edition (runtime - 1 hour 33 minutes) will be available in full frame only, whereas the unrated edition (runtime - 1 hour 37 minutes) will be presented in 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen. Both DVDs will feature English Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 Surround tracks.
In terms of extras, both discs will be fully loaded with zombie fun, as both DVDs will feature;
* Audio commentary with George Romero, producer * * Peter Grumwald and editor Michael Doherty
* Undead Again: The Making of Land of the Dead featurette
* A Day with the Living Dead featurette
* Deleted scenes
* When Shaun met George featurette.
The unrated disc will include all of the above, as well as including;
* Bringing the Dead to Life featurette
* Scenes of Carnage feature
* A feature on the Zombie Effects from Green Screen to Finished Scene
* A Bringing the Storyboards to Life feature
* Scream Tests: Zombie Casting Call.
We know which one we’re getting…
In other news, Romero has announced that he is still possibly nterested in filming Diamond Dead, the rock’n’roll zombie film that he was attached to before Land of the Dead received a green light.
Speaking to AICN recently, he is quoted as saying that “There’s costume designs and everything, but they just don't have the money to do it yet.” Indeed a posting by Andrew Gaty on the official Diamond Dead website today certainly hints that things may be looking up for this rock zombie flick. Keep checking www.diamonddead.com for more updates.
15th May 05 This is in no way a simple, by the numbers horror film. Armstrong's creation as "the man" is hugely affecting, moving, and involving. The background story's strange plausibility adds weight to his...