Romero, Savini and Tom Atkins to appear at Germany's Weekend of Horrors
9th Nov 05
Got nothing planned for the weekend of the 3rd/4th December? Live in Germany or could get there easily enough on a cheap easyjet flight? If your answer is yes to both you could do yourself a huge favour by attending a brand new horror convention being organised in Munster, Germany - Weekend of Horrors
Check out this press release, giving the full gory story...
On Saturday 3rd of December 10.00 am sharp it finally starts: The WEEKEND OF HORRORS event will open it’s doors in Halle Münsterland and provide to horror fans from all over Europe everything that their hearts and brains would imagine.
Newest horror DVD’s, action figures, statues, lifesize replica’s, posters, star photos, model kits, hockey masks or autographs, at the horror collectors market during the Weekend of Horrors more than 200 merchandise dealer tables will provide every possible collectors item of memorabilia for the horror fan.
One of the more interesting dealers will be Fantasy City from The Netherlands coming with all kind of special (effect) lenses and doing make-up work so that visitors can be changes in movie like looking zombies, vampires or monsters! Fantasy City’s booth will be decorated with life size replica’s of Dracula and Nosferatu in a coffin and a real American coffin car!
Next to all the merchandise there will be plenty of star guests visiting WEEKEND OF HORRORS.
Cult director George A. Romero who changes the horror movie world with his Zombie movies, Trash director/producer Lloyd Kaufmann known for his cheap produced horror movies, Tom Savini make-up artist, director and actor of various horror classics and 20 star actors from all kind of horror classics will make sure the Weekend of Horrors will be that little more special than a avarage movie event!
The acting guest stars will be among others:
Doug Bradley – Pinhead from the HELLRAISER movies
C.J. Graham – Jason Voorhees from FRIDAY THE 13TH.
Jeffrey Combs – Herbert West from the RE-ANIMATOR movies
Tom Atkins, played in almost every cult movie from the 80s
Timothy Balme & Jed Brophy from BRAINDEAD
For many of the star guests of the WEEKEND OF HORRORS it will be the first time in Europe and definately in Germany to meet their European fans. Therefore it will be a very unique chance to see and meat all those horror legends in person during the weekend.
The programme of WEEKEND OF HORRORS will be full of activities so every visitor will be entertained the whole weekend!
Next to the autograph sessions with all the guests, there will be:
- Star Talks where fans can ask their idols questions. The quests will also tell stories from behind the camera and anecdotes about their lives.
- Film Memorabilia Exhibition, fans will be able to see the original memorabilia from horror movies like Nightmare On Elm Street, Halloween, Jason X and Hellraiser.
- Auction of very unique horror memorabilia & film products will be held on Saturday. Special items like a piece of the original Freddy Krueger mask, a life size electronic Freddy and other signed items will be auctioned.
- Dinner with the Stars, a very special dinner will be held with all the star guests. A select group of 75 visitors will be able to join the horror legends at their tables and spend the evening together. A better moment to spend some time with favorite stars is not possible.
- Photoshoots, fans can make very special memorable color photos with their favorite stars that will be ready the same day and can have been signed by the stars.
- Huge Market Place with all kind of horror merchandise like DVD’s, posters, statues, autographs, t-shirts, press material, photo’s and many many more.
- ’’How can I make an own movie for cheap’’ Lloyd Kaufmann gives a master class film making during Weekend of Horrors and explains how everybody can make a movie without spending millions of dollars.
Next to the above, there will be Make up Workshops, Demonstrations, Costume Contest, Fan Movies, Trailer Show, Live Band and many more activities.
Till the very late hours there will be entertainment and activities so that everyone visiting WEEKEND OF HORRORS will have a great time and a fantastic memory for a long time to come.
In pre-sale the tickets has not only been bought in Germany, but also fans from neighbouring countries like The Netherlands, Denmark, Great Brittain, Belgium, Sweden and France got their tickets for what is going to be an international event for horror fans from all over Europe.
WEEKEND OF HORRORS
Saturday December 3rd 2005 from 10:00am till 12:00pm
Sunday December 4th 2005 from 11:00am till 06:00pm
Venue: Halle Münsterland in Münster
Address: Albersloher Weg 32, 48155 Münster, Germany
Entrance tickets: Day tickets 25,- Euro, Weekend tickets 45,- Euro
Complete list of star guests for the WEEKEND OF HORRORS:
George A. Romero Director of the Dead movies
Lloyd Kaufmann President of Troma Films, director and actor
Tom Savini Director, actor, make-up artist
Jeffrey Combs Re-Animator / From Beyond / Fortress / Frightners
Jed Brophy Braindead / Lord of the Rings / King Kong
Tom Atkins The Fog / Halloween III / Creepshow
Timothy Balme Braindead
Andrew Divoff Wishmaster / Air Force One / Faust
Doug Bradley Hellraiser / Nightbreed / Killer Tongue
Ashley Laurence Hellraiser I + II / Warlock III / Lurking Fear
Barbie Wilde Hellraiser II
Nicholas Vince Hellraiser I + II
Sharon Ceccatti Dawn of the Dead
Clayton Hill Dawn of the Dead
Richard J. Brooker Friday the 13th – Part 3
C.J. Graham Friday the 13th – Part 6
David Hess Last House On The Left
Betsy Baker Evil Dead
Sarah York Evil Dead
Ellen Sandweiss Evil Dead
Eugene Clark Land of the Dead
Pedro M. Arce Land of the Dead
Telephone: (0049) (0)162 5305542
Tom Atkins!!! Wow...
Check out their website here for more information, including directions and booking details.
17th May 04 Director Jorge Grau wanted to make a realistic horror picture with TLDATMM. He wanted to give some kind of logical reason why the dead would return to life. “A realistic zombie film?” I hear you ask? In...
John Carpenter Night 5th May 04 They Live. The Fog. Add pizza, wine, and a liberal helping of some damn fine company, and you have a Zombie Club to get o