Night of the Living Dead sequels to be announced at Cannes?
6th May 04
To add to the already huge list of zombie films in production in light of the success of the Dawn of the Dead remake and Britain's own Shaun of the Dead, Empireonline.co.uk have revealed that plans are underway for not one, but two Night of the Living Dead sequels.
Ellory Elkayem (Eight Legged Freaks) is apprently pencilled in for directing the back-to-back sequels to be shot in Romania, possibly later this year. An official announcement is likely to be made at the Cannes Film Festival later this month. Again, George A. Romero is not involved in the project.
So, as it's getting bloody complicated keeping track of all these zombie films that are either in production or just about to get a release, here's a summary;
1. Night of the Living Dead 4 - See above
2. Night of the Living Dead 5 - See above
3. Day of the Dead: Contagium - trailer now online - see todays' news 4. Day of the Dead (official remake) - Original Day producer Richard Rubinstein has announced plans for an 'official' remake - more details 5. Diamond Dead - Romero's undead rock group film - more details 6. Dead Reckoning - Romero's also working away on the promised fourth instalment of the Dead series.
7. Flight of the Dead - Undead aboard a plane film - - more details 8. Resident Evil : the Apocalypse - To be released soon.
9. Shaun of the Dead - is getting a decent US release - hurrah!
10. Outpost - zombies on an oilrig, currently being developed by Dog Soldiers director, Neil Marshall.
4th Oct 04 With its fine blend of dark humour and shock horror, you will barely be able to avert your gaze from the screen; from the opening sequence on the desolate moors, to the thrilling finale in Piccadilly Circus.