Better known in the country as Zombie Flesh Eaters this notorious zombie classic from Lucio Fulci is receiving a special Region 1 DVD release come the end of July.
Assuming this is the uncut version of the film (including the infamous splinter in the eyeball scene) this DVD is a must, especially as it features some great documentaries, outtakes and an audio commentary by lead Ian McCullough. Full details:
DISC ONE: • Newly remastered widescreen transfer
• Audio commentary by actor Ian McCullough
• “Food for the Worms,” a 13-minute featurette interviewing opening-scene zombie Captain Haggerty
• Production stills, posters and lobby card gallery
• Outtakes • Original ZOMBI 2 trailer, plus trailers for ZOMBIE 3, ZOMBI 4: AFTER DEATH and ZOMBI 5: KILLING BIRDS, FLESH FOR THE BEAST, FLESH EATER, EROTIC NIGHTS OF THE LIVING DEAD, ZOMBIE HOLOCAUST, BURIAL GROUND and BIO-ZOMBIE
DISC TWO: • “Building a Better Zombie,” a 98-minute documentary featuring interviews with producer Fabrizio De Angelis, makeup FX creator Giannetto De Rossi, cinematographer Sergio Salvati, composer Fabio Frizzi, makeup artists Maurizio Trani and Rosario Prestopino, camera operator Franco Bruni and hairstylist Mirella DeRossi Sforza
• “Raising the Dead,” a six-minute featurette interviewing production and costume designer Walter Patriarca
• “An Evening With Dakar”: Actor Dakar, who plays the character of Lucas, sings!
This Disc will be released on the 27th July by Media Blasters on their Shriek Show label and will retail at $29.99. We will post the link(s) to the cheapest sites nearer it's release date.