Thanks to everyone who entered our recent competition to win one of five DVD copies of Bong Joon-Ho’s The Host which finally came to UK DVD on 5th March on a two-disc special edition format (£17.99) from Optimum.
We've now drawn the five winners, and in no particular order, the first five names out of the EMB baseball cap were;
Roger G. Coram
Congratulations to the five of you. We have now passed on your postal addresses to Optimum who wil be sending the DVDs out to you shortly. Please allow a couple of weeks for delivery.
Exhaustive extras for the DVD include; - Making-of with director Bong Joon-Ho
- Monster Gag Reel
- Audition tapes
- The Characters
- The creature making process: 5 sequences showing the process from animatrix to completion
- Creature stills gallery
- Bong Joon-Ho’s Direction
- The Production Team
- The Staff
- Saying Goodbye to The Host - production team and actors talk about finishing the film
- Memories of the sewer – talking about the difficulties of shooting inside the sewer
- The film departments - Set design, martial arts, props, agent yellow, bones and bodies
- Puppet animatronix
- Designing the creature
- Kevin’s Korean Life – Visual Effects Supervisor Kevin Raffertey’s experience of Korea,
- Physical Special Effects – Interview with Assistant Director
- Sound Effects
- Training the actors – archery lessons, gun training etc
- Creature animation – model-making and animation
- Deleted scenes
From the director of Memories of Murder comes Bong Joon-Ho’s THE HOST, a fantasy monster movie, which expertly mixes humour and horror. On its release in its native Korea it broke box office records, taking the opening weekend record and the highest single-day admissions ever
On the banks of the Han River, a crowd gathers to watch an unidentified object hanging onto a bridge. In an instant, the object reveals itself as a terrifying creature, turning the riverbank into a gruesome sea of blood.
Amid the chaos, a little girl, Hyun-seo is snatched up by the creature right before her father, Gang-du’s eyes. After receiving a mobile phone call from his daughter confirming that she has miraculously survived, the once-ordinary citizen Gang-du and his family decide to wage war against the creature, despite both the Korean authorities’ and U.S. army’s every efforts to stop them.