Win tickets to an exclusive screening of Hatchet and After-show Party with director Adam Green
13th Aug 07
Definitely one of our favourite films at last year's FrightFest, Adam Green's Hatchet will finally be released in the UK in September, but if you can't wait that long to see this great old-school slasher flick, then the below competition might just be right up your street.
On Tuesday 28th August, the film's distributors, The Works, will be holding an exclusive private theatrical screening of Hatchet for an intimate group of the most die-hard horror fans in London's West End. Writer / Director Adam Green will be hosting both the screening and the after party as a special treat for this elite group of people who have what it takes to gain admittance. Ok, cool! So, how do you get on the list?
Well, this event is going to be very intimate so only a few people will be picked. After years of touring the major world festivals, sold out theaters, and conventions, Adam has asked to keep this one ultra private so he can spend personal one-on-one time with the fans, take them out for drinks, and make this night truly special.
All you have to do is send a letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why YOU deserve to be there more than anyone else.
BE CREATIVE! Send pictures that show your love for Victor Crowley and old school horror, write a song, decorate your flat, wear your Hatchet Army shirt somewhere crazy and get a photo of it...show how much you love horror!
LESS THAN 20 FANS WILL BE PERSONALLY HAND PICKED BY ADAM GREEN - so make your submission stand out! Make it unforgettable!
So, what are you waiting for?? Time is of the essence! Do you want to have your own private Hatchet party and see the film a MONTH before it opens or not?
Starring Joel David Moore (Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story), Deon Richmond (Scream 3) and Mercedes McNab (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Hatchet boasts an amazing supporting cast, including Robert Englund (Nightmare on Elm Street series), Tony Todd (Candyman) and Kane Hodder (Jason).
1. All submissions must be made electronically through email@example.com. Submissions here will be deleted.
2. DO NOT DO ANYTHING ILLEGAL OR ANYTHING THAT MAY CAUSE YOU OR ANYONE ELSE HARM. (For instance, don't mangle your little sister's face with a belt sander to show how crazy you are.) Pain, real gore, self mutilation... these are all ways to get instantly disqualified. Make Adam WANT to meet you - not want to run away from you!
3. Do NOT pester Adam personally through his fan mail or MySpace. It won't help your chances. If you're someone who is a regular corresponder with Adam or an actual U.K. friend... it's not going to help your chances. This is all going to be based on the passion and creativity in your letters.
4. Admittance can NOT be bought. Don't even try it.
5. Each fan admitted will be awarded 2 TICKETS into the screening and after party. The exact locations of which will only be revealed to the winners.
6. Your submissions will NOT be publicized without us asking for your permission first. So do not fear. They are going straight into an account for Adam to see and read through.
7. YOU MUST BE 18 YEARS OLD OR OLDER TO APPLY AND IF SELECTED, YOU MUST BE OF LEGAL AGE TO GET INTO THE AFTER PARTY.
8. Provide a link to your MySpace page as we will be checking to see that you have HATCHET listed in your TOP FRIENDS. If it isn't... well you're really not THAT big of a fan, are you?
1st Dec 04 The last twenty minutes or so really sees the film clicking into top gear as we once again see the babysitter from the beginning scene, now a happily married women. She’s at a restaurant having a...