Posters, images and trailer links for Alien Vs Predator Requiem
12th Jan 08
Whatever you thought of the first film (you've got to at least admit it looked pretty good), the chances are you're excited about the second match-up between our favourite aliens and predators in Alien Vs Predator Requiem when it is released in UK cinemas on January 18th 2008.
Here are some random facts about the Alien and Predator films, including Alien Vs Predator Requiem;
- There are eight films in the Alien and Predator franchises: four Alien films (Alien, Aliens, Alien3 and Alien Resurrection), two Predators (Predator and Predator 2), and two combinations, Alien vs Predator and Aliens vs Predator: Requiem.
- Although the spacecraft Betty was heading to Earth at the climax of Alien Resurrection, the first Alien film to be set on Earth was Alien vs Predator. The sequel, Aliens vs Predator - Requiem is set in the real-life small town of Gunnison, Colorado.
- Aliens vs Predator - Requiem is directed by brothers Greg and Colin Strause, whose background is in special effects – just like Aliens director James Cameron, who worked under Roger Corman on such films as Battle Beyond the Stars and Piranha II: The Flying Killers.
- The brothers Strause set out to make Alien vs Predator – Requiem scarier and gorier than its predecessor – in fact, it may be more gruesome and violent than any of the previous Alien and Predator films. “It’s definitely a lot more hardcore,” they promise, “and overall the kills in this movie are pretty mean-spirited.”
- Aliens vs Predator: Requiem is the first film to feature an alien / predator hybrid known as the ‘Predalien’ - the result of a Predator impregnated by an Alien. Described by the Strause brothers as “about 80 per cent Alien, 20 per cent Predator,” the creature has the Alien’s exoskeleton, acid blood, scorpion-like tail and striking mouth, and the Predator’s weapons and technology, and physical characteristics such as ‘dreadlocks’ and mandibles.
9th Apr 05 Why anyone likes this film is beyond me. Perhaps, if it was a childhood late night experience on TV, then I could maybe understand someone having a soft spot for it. With an excellent cast that includes...